2″ of water can cost you $7,800*
During heavy rains, Chicago’s sewers can fill quickly. When the municipal sewers exceed their capacity, contaminated and bacteria-infested sewer water can backup and flood your home or basement.
Protect your home and belongings from water damage with a Flood Control System from REI Plumbing.
- REI Plumbing will install an automatic sewer cutoff valve to isolate your home’s sewer line from municipal sewer line.
- The sewer cutoff valve will monitor the pressure (no electricity required) in the municipal sewer line.
- During normal use, your home’s sewage will be allowed to flow from your home into the municipal line.
- If the municipal lines begin to backup, the sewer cutoff valve will close and stop the municipal waste from entering your home and causing damage.
- Once the sewer cutoff valve closes, a secondary ejector pump is activated, which allows you to continue to use water in your home, including showers, toilets, dishwashers, etc.
Flood Control Systems from REI Plumbing offers continuous and automatic protection from potential backup or sewer flooding conditions.
Contact REI Plumbing for additional information about Flood Control Systems for your Chicago area home. We have experience working with automatic sewer valves, backwater valves, lift stations, overhead sewers, sump pumps, and battery backup systems.
*Statistic provided by National Flood Insurance Program.